- Exam term makes you blind - everyone became inward-looking, moody, bipolar and isolated.
- Library copies of core texts were all snatched up, but when I have a copy in hand I just set it on the side of the table (as a reminder I have to read it in 2 weeks).
- Question banks were distributed, but they read like Russian to me. And whenever I try to reach for the folder my hands felt as if they were tied to lead.
- End-of term reports are piling up, and no way am I starting to do any of them until 24 hours before due.
- Well, you get what I mean...
We forget that we live in a real world where real people live a life, and die. We throw all our relationships and commitments aside. We get bored and drained, but have no guts to rebel against it. Then we break down from fatigue - hours spending in front of the PC doing nothing, just like me, now.
Happened to talked to a few prospective overseas medical students coming for their entrance exam this year. I wished they donate some of their enthusiasm to me.