Mar 18, 2012

Eye of the Storm

Life is a mess right now. I'm struggling to keep up with the laundry, social gatherings, reports, and library deadlines. I'm still held back by inertia created by forces propelling my life forward.
Something good is coming up end of June. Really good. I will write about it end of March after all issues are settled. Otherwise I have a clinicopathological conference (CPC) coming up end of April which will be attended by at least half of our hospital physicians (medical students anyway). By June I'd be calling myself an intern - with a pathetic salary of 20,000 NTD (USD 660), 8 to 10 call nights per month, and sleeping and eating whenever I have free time. That's why it's difficult not to gain weight during your intern and resident years.
Anyway, for now I'm living a relatively comfortable life in Family Medicine and subsequently Psychiatry, enjoying the lasts of my student life with weekend pot lucks, soap marathons, and self-declared long-weekend getaways. Predictably I'm currently poverty-stricken, single, and talks in broken sentences with very few sober periods in between. But I'm happy.
So even though I'm in the eye of the storm right now. I think I'm just gonna enjoy it while it lasts and save up the whining when the tough ones start raining.

2 comments:

Mimi - SleeplessInKL said...

Hang in there, Sim. Millions have survived this ordeal; you will, too.

JYSim said...

Thanks for the encouragement Mimi! All the best for the pregnancy!