Turns out it is really easy.
The Election Commission of Malaysia is currently accepting registrations for postal voting of Malaysian voters residing overseas.
If you fulfil all conditions listed below, you should register as soon as possible:
- Malaysian citizen
- Registered voter: check your status here by entering your NRIC
- Residing overseas except Singapore, southern territories of Thailand, Brunei, and Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Had been in Malaysia for more than 30 days during the past 5 years before parliament or state council has been dissolved
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to +603-8881 1201 / 1202 / 1187 / 1192
- Mail to:
Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia Aras 4-5, Blok C7,
Komplex C Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan 62690 Putrajaya
(Attn: Unit Pengurusan Undi Pos Luar Negara)You will have to decide which Malaysian High Commission the Election Commission should send your ballot papers to for you to receive them. A full list can be found here.
For more information, please visit SPR's website. The above information was translated from Bahasa Melayu to English from SPR's featured bulletin here.
Lastly, it is your right as a citizen to vote. Please exercise your right as a democratic citizen in deciding the future of our country and children.